We are very happy to deliver a new search option for you today: Database Search. We are now providing separate search pages for every one of our databases. You can access this by selecting the magnifying glass image on the Database List A-Z.
The new database specific search pages include:
- Focused search fields – the search fields available for each category are only those that are commonly used in that category. This avoids the common problem of using search terms which will yield no results (See Image at top).
- Search tips and category descriptions right on the search screen – you don’t need to perform a search or click to another screen to get tips on the available fields. You just need to scroll down to see this. (See image below)
- See other databases within the category – if you want to see what other databases are in same category, you can click on the button at the top right and it will list the relevant databases.
- Sample page images – A few sample page images are included for each category to provide you some perspective of what you can find in the databases for that category (See Image 3).
- Inclusive search results! – The results will include results that match any of your criteria. This is an important change. Results that match all or most of your search criteria appear at the top, and partial matches appear below. Of course, if you select Exact search for the Name or Location, you will only get results that match your criteria.
- Go directly to Browse Records – If you just want to view records without doing a search, just select a volume and page at the top right and press the Browse button.
- Switch to Advanced Search – If you would still prefer to use the general purpose Advanced Search, you can click Switch to Advanced Search button on the right to launch the traditional search experience for the database you are currently looking at.
We hope you enjoy these new capabilities. Please address any feedback and comments to email@example.com.