Today we have added 8 new volumes, to Massachusetts: Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston Records, 1789-1920. Today’s additions are for the parish of St. Joseph in Wakefield, and the update includes over 900 pages, and over 66,000 searchable names.
As early as 1854, Catholics were worshipping in Wakefield. In the 1870s, the congregation was expanding and a new church was built on Albion Street. During this time period, St. Agnes in Reading was also a mission of this parish.
We’d like to thank our dedicated team of volunteers for their work, particularly Sam Sturgis. If you would like to become part of the team working on rewarding genealogical projects, please contact Rachel Adams, Database Services Volunteer Coordinator via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The new volumes are:
• St. Joseph (Wakefield) Baptisms, 1873-1902
• St. Joseph (Wakefield) Baptisms, 1903-1917
• St. Joseph (Wakefield) Baptisms, 1917-1920
• St. Joseph (Wakefield) Confirmations, 1879-1920
• St. Joseph (Wakefield) First Communions, 1881-1920
• St. Joseph (Wakefield) Marriages, 1873-1902
• St. Joseph (Wakefield) Marriages, 1903-1908
• St. Joseph (Wakefield) Marriages, 1908-1920
Please note: This database is available to Individual-level and above NEHGS members only. Consider membership.