Today we have added 15 new volumes to Massachusetts: Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston Records, 1789-1920. Today’s additions include 5 different parishes: St. Casimir in Brockton, St. Ambrose and St. Leo in Dorchester, and Sacred Heart and St. Patrick in Lynn. This update includes 15 volumes, over 2,600 pages, and nearly 93,000 searchable names.
St. Casimir Catholic Church dated back to 1898, a parish established by Lithuanian immigrants. The church was originally named St. Rocco, and it was the founding home of the national Knights of Lithuania which was organized in 1913. The building is between Ames Street and St. Casimir Avenue in Brockton.
St. Ambrose church was completed in 1921 and the Rectory in 1929, and both were designed by the noted Boston architect William H. McGinty. The original St. Ambrose Church was a twin-towered church and was unfortunately destroyed by fire in 1984.
St. Leo parish was set of from a part of St. Peter’s Parish in 1902. The church was constructed on the former Bickell estate on Esmond street in 1902.
Sacred Heart (Lynn) was founded as Lynn’s population grew, becoming a more convenient location for the parishioners in West Lynn. This parish separated from St. Mary (Lynn) in 1894.
St. Patrick church was established in 1906 with a school and focused on the Irish-American population of Lynn.
We thank our dedicated volunteer Sam Sturgis for his work on this release. If you would like to become part of the team working on rewarding genealogical projects, please contact Rachel Adams, Database Services Volunteer Coordinator via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The new volumes are listed below:
• St. Casimir (Brockton) Baptisms, 1909-1920
• St. Casimir (Brockton) Marriages, 1906-1920
• St. Ambrose (Dorchester) Baptisms, 1914-1920
• St. Ambrose (Dorchester) Marriages, 1914-1920
• St. Leo (Dorchester) Baptisms, 1902-1909
• St. Leo (Dorchester) Baptisms, 1910-1920
• St. Leo (Dorchester) Confirmations, 1905-1920
• St. Leo (Dorchester) Marriages, 1902-1920
• Sacred Heart (Lynn) Baptisms, 1917-1920
• Sacred Heart (Lynn) First Communions, 1909-1920
• Sacred Heart (Lynn) Marriages, 1918-1920
• St. Patrick (Lynn) Baptisms, 1906-1910
• St. Patrick (Lynn) Baptisms, 1911-1917
• St. Patrick (Lynn) Baptisms, 1917-1920
• St. Patrick (Lynn) Marriages, 1911-1920
Please note: This database is available to Individual-level and above NEHGS members only. Consider membership.