Today we have added 7 new volumes to the Massachusetts: Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston Records, 1789-1920 database. Today’s addition delivers the parishes of St. Margaret of Scotland in Brockton, St. Colman of Cloyne in Brockton, and St. Stephen in Framingham. This update includes over 700 pages, 10,000 records and over 40,000 searchable names.
St. Colman of Cloyne was founded in 1910 in the eastern side of Brockton. Father Joseph J. Dermody constructed a basement church. His successor Rev. William J. Fennessy finished the upper structure and it was dedicated on October 7, 1928.
St. Margaret of Scotland in Brockton was also a basement church in 1903. The superstructure was blessed on August 17, 1924 and the dedication by Cardinal O’Connell was October 7, 1928.
St. Stephen was established as a parish in 1878. St. George in the Saxonville neighborhood of Framingham was the first Catholic church in the area. St. Bridget and St. Stephen (in South Framingham) branched off from St. George.
The volumes published today are:
• St. Colman of Cloyne (Brockton) Baptisms, 1911-1920
• St. Margaret of Scotland (Brockton) Baptisms, 1902-1913
• St. Margaret of Scotland (Brockton) Baptisms, 1913-1920
• St. Margaret of Scotland (Brockton) Confirmations, 1902-1913
• St. Margaret of Scotland (Brockton) Marriages, 1902-1908
• St. Margaret of Scotland (Brockton) Marriages, 1908-1920
• St. Stephen (Framingham) Baptisms, 1902-1926
We’d like to thank Sam Sturgis for his help making these parishes available online. If you would like to become part of the team working on rewarding genealogical projects, please contact Rachel Adams, Database Services Volunteer Coordinator via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: This database is available to Individual-level and above NEHGS members only. Consider membership.