Today we have added 6 new volumes to the Massachusetts: Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston Records, 1789-1920 () database. Today’s addition delivers the parishes of St. Patrick in Lowell, and St. Rita in Haverhill. This update includes over 600 pages, 12,000 records and over 44,000 searchable names.
St. Patrick was Lowell’s first parish, and the large church building was dedicated on July 3, 1831.
St. Rita’s was established for the Lithuanian and Italian communities in Haverhill. The wooden framed church of St. Rita was dedicated on October 10, 1915. It was originally a mission of St. James parish.
The volumes published today are:
• St. Patrick (Lowell) Baptisms, 1908-1915
• St. Patrick (Lowell) Baptisms, 1915-1920
• St. Patrick (Lowell) Confirmations, 1901-1920
• St. Patrick (Lowell) Marriages, 1908-1920
• St. Rita (Haverhill) Baptisms, 1915-1920
• St. Rita (Haverhill) Marriages, 1915-1920
We’d like to thank Sam Sturgis for his help making these parishes available online. If you would like to become part of the team working on rewarding genealogical projects, please contact Rachel Adams, Database Services Volunteer Coordinator via email at email@example.com.
Please note: This database is available to Individual-level and above NEHGS members only. Consider membership.