Today we have added 8 new volumes to the Massachusetts: Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston Records, 1789-1920 database. Today’s additions include the parishes of Our Lady of Ostrobrama in Brockton and St. Michael the Archangel in Haverhill. This update includes over 660 pages, 4,000 records and over 16,000 searchable names. Both of these parishes were originally created to serve the Polish community.
In Brockton, the parish called Our Lad of Ostrobama was founded in 1914. The first pastor was Father Thomas Misicki, and services were initially held in a garage. Some years later, Father Ignatius E. Limont started work on a stucco red-tiled church, and it was blessed on July 4, 1934.
St. Michel the Archangel in Haverhill was founded in 1910 under Father Alexander Syski, who built the brick church dedicated on September 17, 1911. In 1940, this parish was trusted to the care of the Franciscan order.
The volumes published today are:
• Our Lady of Ostrobrama (Brockton) Baptisms, 1914-1919
• Our Lady of Ostrobrama (Brockton) Baptisms, 1914-1920 (Part 1)
• Our Lady of Ostrobrama (Brockton) Marriages, 1914-1920 (Part 2)
• Our Lady of Ostrobrama (Brockton) Confirmations and Deaths, 1914-1920 (Part 3)
• Our Lady of Ostrobrama (Brockton) Marriages, 1914-1919
• St. Michael the Archangel (Haverhill) Baptisms, 1909-1920
• St. Michael the Archangel (Haverhill) Marriages, 1909-1920
• St. Michael the Archangel (Haverhill) Various, 1913-1920
If you would like to become part of the team working on rewarding genealogical projects, please contact Rachel Adams, Database Services Volunteer Coordinator via email at email@example.com.
Please note: This database is available to Individual-level and above NEHGS members only. Consider membership.