Upgraded East Haddam, CT: Records of the First Congregational Church, 1704-1802

View of East Haddam, Connecticut, and Goodspeeds Landing: 1880. Public Domain, courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.

We have revamped the database East Haddam, CT: Records of the First Congregational Church, 1704-1802. This database now contains the page image of the original manuscript, and it is searchable by first name and last name, record type, and family members (where available).

The First Congregational Church in East Haddam, Connecticut was formed January 6, 1704. The first meeting house was thirty-two feet square and took five years to build. It was used for twenty-three years until a second house was built in 1728. The first minister was Rev. Stephen Hosmer, who presided from 1704 to 1749. These records in this database are primarily Baptisms, with some Church Admissions included.

This update is made possible by the efforts of our team our volunteers, including Sam Sturgis. We appreciate the work of all our volunteers. If you have some time and would like get involved please contact Rachel Adams, Database Services Volunteer Coordinator via email at rachel.adams@nehgs.org.

Please note: This database is available to Individual-level and above NEHGS members only. Consider membership.