Database News: Enhanced Killingly, CT Church Records, 1711-1775

A view of the Elliottville Lower Mill (Peeptoad road Mill) East Killingly, CT built in 1850. Photo by Randall Simmons 14 June 2011, via Wikimedia Commons.

We have revamped the database Killingly, CT: Church Records, 1711-1775. This database now contains the page image of the original manuscript, and it is searchable by first name and last name, record type, and family members (where available). Record types include Birth, Baptism, Church Record, Marriage, and Death records.

These records are from the original “Book of Church Records: The gift of J. F. (Rev. John Fisk) to the Church of Killingly; March the 5th, 1715-16.” Records from the book were published in the Putnam Patriot newspaper in 1894, and the information contained in this database was abstracted from these newspapers by E. D. Larned. The records were later published in a book entitled Church Records of Killingly, Connecticut (Hunterdon House, Lambertville, N.J., 1984). The Putnam-Killingly Parish Second Church was built in 1715. This manuscript is part of the R. Stanton Avery Collections at NEHGS, call number Mss A 6126.

This update is made possible by the efforts of our team our volunteers, including Sam Sturgis. We appreciate the work of all our volunteers. If you have some time and would like to get involved please contact Rachel Adams, Database Services Volunteer Coordinator via email at

Please note: This database is available to Individual-level and above NEHGS members only. Consider membership.