We have revamped the database Madison, CT: Church Records, 1791-1827. This database now contains the page images of the original manuscript, and it is searchable by first name and last name, record type, and family members (where available).
The Madison, CT: Church Records, 1791-1827 database is based on the church records transcribed by Louise R. Allen in 1935. The records represent the years 1791 to 1827. Madison was first settled in 1641, and was known as East Guilford until it was incorporated as a separate town in 1826.
This database contains 68 pages and approximately 7,500 names. The records from this manuscript are in volume 1. Volume 2 contains the original typed index. All of the records are for the location: Madison, New Haven, Connecticut.
This update is made possible by the efforts of our team our volunteers, and in particular David Anderson, Greta Gaffin, and Tate Lehmann. We appreciate the work of all our volunteers. If you would like to join the team please contact Rachel Adams, Database Services Volunteer Coordinator via email at email@example.com.
The original manuscript is part of the R. Stanton Avery Collections, call number Mss A 2397.
Please note: This database is available to Individual-level and above NEHGS members only. Consider membership.