Today we have added 11 new volumes to Massachusetts: Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston Records, 1789-1920 from St. Ann in Gloucester and St. Mary in Winchester. This update adds over 2,100 pages, and over 250,000 new names to search.
St. Ann’s Parish in Gloucester was originally established in 1855 in a refitted Baptist church. Father Healy initiated the building of St. Anne’s Church, which cost about $100,000 at that time. The church was dedicated on July 31, 1881 by Archbishop Williams.
St. Mary’s Parish in Winchester was originally a mission of the Woburn church. The architect was P.C. Keely of Brooklyn, NY. The original church building was smaller than it is today, and it was enlarged by Father Daley.
We’d like to thank out dedicated team of volunteers for their work on this, including; Gail Delfosse, Becki Clarke, Bill Fenton, Loretta Brown-Aldrich , Alida Baker, Sara Calautti, Bob Rainville, Rick Lageux, Bruce McKeeman, Stacey-Rae McCue, Amelia Devin Freedman, Rhonda Wilson, Kim Bonner, Patty Ryburn, Kathy Oberley, Toni Lattimer, Nancy Johnson, Matt Murphy, Marie Wells, Arlys LaFehr, Carolyn Jack, Katherine Marshall-Mayer, Mary Alice Yost, Jane Papa, and Carolyn Jack. If you would like to become part of the team working on rewarding genealogical projects, please contact Rachel Adams, Database Services Volunteer Coordinator via email at email@example.com.
The new volumes are listed below:
- St. Ann (Gloucester) Baptisms, 1863-1868
- St. Ann (Gloucester) Baptisms and Marriages, 1855-1866
- St. Ann (Gloucester) Baptisms and Marriages, 1866-1870
- St. Ann (Gloucester) Baptisms, 1871-1879 and Marriages, 1908-1909
- St. Ann (Gloucester) Baptisms, 1879-1897 and Marriages, 1908-1910, and 1923
- St. Ann (Gloucester) Marriages, 1857-1867
- St. Ann (Gloucester) Marriages, 1868-1871
- St. Ann (Gloucester) Marriages, 1872-1907
- St. Mary (Winchester) Baptisms, 1875-1908
- St. Mary (Winchester) Marriages, 1875-1908
Please note: This database is available to Individual-level and above NEHGS members only. Consider membership.