Today we’ve added seven new volumes and updated two volumes in Massachusetts: Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston Records, 1789-1920 from Our Lady of the Presentation in Brighton, St. Gabriel in Brighton, and St. James the Greater in Boston. This update adds over 11,500 records and over 50,200 names to search.
Our Lady of the Presentation was established in 1909 in the Oak Square neighborhood of Brighton. Construction on a church building began in 1913 and the church was dedicated in 1921.
In 1908, the Passionist Fathers established a monastery in Brighton. The monastery evolved to include a parish church called St. Gabriel’s which became an independent parish in 1934.
St. James the Greater was established in 1854, located in what is now Boston’s Chinatown. In 1854, the neighborhood was largely of Irish descent. The original church on the corner of Albany and Harvard streets was demolished when the land was sold to a railroad company. The new church was built on Harrison Street and still serves the Catholics of Boston today.
We’d like to thank Sam Sturgis for his help with this update.
The new volumes are listed below:
Our Lady of the Presentation (Brighton) Baptisms, 1909-1920
Our Lady of the Presentation (Brighton) Confirmations, 1915-1920
Our Lady of the Presentation (Brighton) Marriages, 1910-1920
St. Gabriel (Brighton) Baptisms, 1912-1920
St. James the Greater (Boston) Baptisms, 1904-1908
St. James the Greater (Boston) Baptisms, 1908-1920
St. James the Greater (Boston) Marriages, 1908-1920
Updated volumes (records added for 1901 +) :
St. James the Greater (Boston) Baptisms, 1888-1903
St. James the Greater (Boston) Marriages, 1895-1908
Please note: This database is available to Individual-level and above NEHGS members only. Consider membership.