Today we have added 4 new volumes for the Massachusetts: Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston Records, 1789-1920. Today’s additions are for St. John the Evangelist of Newton and includes over 500 pages, and 13,000 searchable names.
In the Nonantum section of Newton a French-speaking community developed, and starting in 1894, repeatedly petitioned to become a parish. In the spring of 1911, Archbishop O’Connell sent Father Joseph E. Robichaud who served for at least 30 years there. The first parish Mass was celebrated May 14, 1911, in Lafayette Hall on Dalby Street. This building was constructed in 1902, and after purchasing and repairing it, it became the Church of St. John the Evangelist.
The four new volumes in this release are:
• St. John the Evangelist (Newton) Baptisms, 1911-1920
• St. John the Evangelist (Newton) Confirmations, 1914-1920
• St. John the Evangelist (Newton) Marriages, 1911-1920
• St. John the Evangelist (Newton) Deaths, 1914-1920
Please note: This database is available to Individual-level and above NEHGS members only. Consider membership.