Today we’ve added five new volumes to Massachusetts: Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston Records, 1789-1920 from St. Edward in Brockton and St. John the Evangelist in Winthrop. This update adds over 5,900 records and over 22,800 names to search.
St. Edward’s parish served the Catholics of the Montello neighborhood in the northern part of Brockton. This parish grew out of St. Patrick’s, and was established in 1897. A new, formal church building was dedicated in 1916.
St. John the Evangelist in Winthrop began as a mission of St. Mary Star of the Sea in East Boston. The mission began around 1887, and it became its own parish in 1907. In 1911, they began to build a church that was finally dedicated in 1923.
We’d like to thank Sam Sturgis for his help making these parishes available online.
The new volumes are listed below:
St. Edward (Brockton) Baptisms, 1914-1920
St. Edward (Brockton) Marriages, 1917-1920
St. John the Evangelist (Winthrop) Baptisms, 1907-1920
St. John the Evangelist (Winthrop) Marriages, 1907-1920
St. John the Evangelist (Winthrop) Sick Calls, 1915-1920
Please note: This database is available to Individual-level and above NEHGS members only. Consider membership.