We’re excited to announce 8 new sketches to our Boston Tea Party Participant Biographies database, in celebration of the 250th anniversary of the Boston Tea Party. All the sketches added during this update are proven participants.
The goal of this project is to create comprehensive biographical sketches for all individuals associated with or known to have participated in the Boston Tea Party, which took place on December 16, 1773 in Boston Harbor. This project is launched in conjunction with the announcement of the Boston Tea Party Descendants Program, a new lineage society for those whose ancestors participated in the historic revolutionary event. This project, as well as the Descendants Program, are both in collaboration with the Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum. You can learn more about the Boston Tea Party Descendants Program here.
Below is the list of new biographies for the following individuals:
- Charles Conner (1734-1791) [Participant]
- John Cochran (1749-1839) [Participant]
- Stephen Bruce (1746-1806) [Participant]
- Thomas Chase (1739-1787) [Participant]
- Thomas Melvill (1751-1832) [Participant]
- William Etheridge (1739-1789) [Participant]
- William Molineux/Molineaux (1717-1774) [Participant]
- William Pierce/Pearce (1744-1840) [Participant]
New sketches will be released regularly, so stay tuned for more!
Please note: This database is available to all NEHGS members, including Guest Members, at no cost. Consider membership.