St. James (Haverhill) Now Searchable

Altar at St. James (Haverhill), page 417 in James Sullivan’s One Hundred Years of Progress

Today we’ve added seven new volumes to Massachusetts: Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston Records, 1789-1900.  The new volumes come from St. James in Haverhill.  St. James was established in 1850, originally called St. Gregory.  The name of the church was changed when the parish expanded to a larger building in 1884.  In its early years, Catholics from Bradford, Groveland, and Georgetown also worshiped at St. James.  This update adds 21,538 new records and 67,652 new names to our database.  The new volumes are listed below:

St. James (Haverhill) Baptisms, 1851-1859
St. James (Haverhill) Baptisms, 1868-1897
St. James (Haverhill) Baptisms, 1898-1900
St. James (Haverhill) First Communions and Confirmations, 1884-1900
St. James (Haverhill) Marriages, 1850-1859
St. James (Haverhill) Marriages, 1868-1900
St. James (Haverhill) Deaths, 1885-1900

Please note: These databases are available to Individual-level and above NEHGS members only. Consider membership.