Today we’ve added six new volumes to Massachusetts: Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston Records, 1789-1900 from Immaculate Conception in Everett and St. John the Evangelist in Cambridge. This update adds 7,773 records and 29,794 names to search.
Immaculate Conception (Everett) was initially called St. Mary’s. It began as a mission church of Chelsea. In 1885 it became a full parish along with Revere (which later split off). Before St. John the Evangelist was established, the Catholics of North Cambridge and West Somerville attended St. Peter’s. In 1893 as their numbers grew, St. John the Evangelist became its own parish.
We’d like to thank Sam Sturgis for his help making this parish available on our site. The new volumes are listed below:
Immaculate Conception (Everett) Baptisms, 1885-1893
Immaculate Conception (Everett) Baptisms, 1893-1900
Immaculate Conception (Everett) Marriages, 1885-1900
St. John the Evangelist (Cambridge) Baptisms, 1893-1900
St. John the Evangelist (Cambridge) Confirmations, 1894-1900
St. John the Evangelist (Cambridge) Marriages, 1893-1900
Please note: This database is available to Individual-level and above NEHGS members only. Consider membership.